KABUNDI SECONDARY SCHOOL OLD PUPILS ASSOCIATION (KOPA)
The first KOPA meeting took place in November 2013 at Ash lodge woodlands Lusaka.
In attendance was:
1. Elijah Chabu
2. Emmanuel Angomwile
3. Nsama Mubanga
4. Stella Munsanje
A resolution was passed to go ahead and form KOPA and invite all former pupils of the school to join.
A constitution was subsequently drafted and later on approved. A letter head, stamp and logo were also designed and approved. Later on documents were lodged with the registrar of societies requesting for registration. In March 2014 registration was granted and a bank account was subsequently opened with NATSAVE. On 24th May 2014 KOPA was officially launched at Ash lodge. Among the many dignitaries who attended the launch was Mr Lupeta the first Headmaster of the school. The Nchanga MP Mr Wilbur Simuusa was the guest of honour.
ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR
- In August 2014 KOPA donated text books valued at K8000 to the school.
- In 2015 a donation of six computers and two hundred and fifty text books was made.
- In 2017 two computers were donated.
- This year a web site has been developed. It will be handed over to the school administration before the year end.
- Currently we are fundraising from the members, funds to construct a sick bay.
A fundraising braii was held at NAPSA sports club in 2015
A fundraising dinner was held at Mirach restaurant in 2016
The association has currently branches in Chingola and Kasama
The national executive is domiciled in Lusaka. The following are the Executive members:
Chairman – Elijah Chabu
Vice Chairman – Sarah Ngoma
Secretary – Nsama Mubanga
Vice secretary- James Mulenga
Treasurer- Beston Chela
Vice treasurer-Simon Mfune
Publicity Secretary- Christopher Njovu
Vice Publicity Secretary- Martin Siame
Trustee- Hon. Martin Malama